Challa Law Group

Celebrating 20 years of award-winning immigration law services

Everything from helping companies acquire top international talent from all over the globe to providing pro bono services for survivors of domestic abuse and refugees.

About Us

Challa Law Group specializes in assisting clients from many professional fields in obtaining employment-based visas (both temporary and permanent resident) for their business professionals. Our clients range from Fortune 500 corporations to start-up ventures in the information technology, business, and healthcare sectors, as well as universities and other research facilities. Our immigration lawyers have aided small business owners seeking to enter the country, business executives and managers, computer and healthcare professionals (including physicians, nurses and pharmacists), renowned professors and artists, and researchers and scientists, both in academia and in the biomedical & pharmaceutical industries.

We focus our practice on employment-based immigration issues and have extensive experience in organizing and preparing high-volume visas and permanent residency applications. We assist clients in identifying and outlining strategies to facilitate the international transfer of their employees, providing help with temporary and permanent visas. We have been retained by companies all over the United States and abroad, advising them on visa processing, facilitating transfers outside the U.S., carrying out I-9 compliance, providing strategies for dealing with various Departments of Labor matters and complying with USCIS and Labor regulations to avoid employer sanctions and investigations.

Immigration News

The Golden Visa: Alternative Avenues to a Green Card for Entrepreneurs

If you are an entrepreneur looking to establish permanent residency in the United States, odds are you have heard of ...
Read More

BREAKING NEWS: Congress Passed $1.5 Trillion Spending Bill, EB-5 Regional Center Program Reauthorized

With the passage of a $1.5 trillion spending bill in the House on Wednesday (March 9) and the Senate last ...
Read More

Legalized Marijuana and Immigration: What do non-citizens need to avoid?

The cannabis industry has exploded over the last ten years since Colorado and Washington state first legalized the adult use ...
Read More

Congress Pushes on DHS to Improve the USCIS Contact Center

On February 28, 2022, 47 members of Congress wrote a letter to Secretary Mayorkas (Department of Homeland Security) and Director ...
Read More

H-1B Strategies for Employers

At Challa Law, it is our mission to arm and equip our clients with knowledge. We know that when an ...
Read More

Green Card Backlog: Could choosing consular processing be your solution?

The journey to obtaining your green card can be a long process. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused backlogs for all ...
Read More

Our Immigration Services

Untitled design (14)

Employment-Based Green Cards


Family-Based Green Cards


Extraordinary Ability Petitions


Investor Visas


Student Visas


Temporary Work Visas


Domestic Abuse Victims


Asylee and Refugees

Frequently Asked Questions

Here are common answers to some of our most frequently asked questions. Don’t see the answer you’re looking for? Drop a message in the ‘Contact Us’ form

That depends on the type of case and where your case is being processed. If your case is with USCIS you can check processing times here . You can identify the service center at the bottom of your receipt notice. You can identify your local field office here with your ZIP code. If your case is with NVC, you can check current time frames here.

Our legal team strongly recommends not traveling abroad while a change of status is pending (F-1 to H-1B, H-4 to F-1, etc.) If you’ve filed an adjustment of status (I-485), our attorneys recommend maintaining your non-immigrant status underneath your adjustment so you can continue to travel abroad freely. If you do not maintain a non-immigrant status while your adjustment is pending, you must wait for Advance Parole (I-131) approval before travelling abroad.

There are a few options for different types of work visas; a lot depends on the employee’s qualifications, the type of position, and the intent of the employee to later apply for permanent residence (green card). Head over to our Temporary Work Visas page to explore some different options.

EB-5 investors must invest $800,000 in targeted employment areas (TEA) or $1,050,000 in non-TEA.

Contact Us

    What Our Clients Are Saying

    Meet the Legal Team


    Lakshmi Challa

    Founder and Managing Attorney

    Hannah Whaley

     Associate Attorney

    Ashley Ferns